Terms and Conditions
Hungry Joe’s – ‘#MysteryJoe’ Terms & Conditions
GB residents only, aged 18+. Open 10am 20/05/2022 – 23.59pm on 18/11/2022. Six weekly draws across the promotional period: First draw opens 10am on 20th May 2022 – 23:59pm on 27th May 2022; Second draw opens 10am on 24th June 2022 – 23:59pm on 1st July 2022; Third draw opens 10am on 29th July 2022 – 23:59pm on 5th August 2022; Fourth draw opens 10am on 2nd September 2022 – 23:59pm on 9th September 2022; Fifth draw opens 10am on 7th October 2022 – 23:59pm on 14th October 2022; sixth draw opens 10am on 11th November 2022 – 23:59pm on 18th November 2022. Internet access required. No purchase necessary. To enter each prize draw, entrants must follow Hungry Joe’s Facebook account or Instagram account then comment on the ‘#MysteryJoe’ social post with who they think the famous Joe is behind the Hungry Joe’s meal and include the hashtag #MysteryJoe. Prize: 1 x £60 Asda voucher, one available per weekly draw. 6 x prizes available in total. Entries are limited to one per person per platform per weekly draw, max six entries in total. Exclusions apply. See www.hungryjoes.co.uk/terms-and-conditions for full Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and participants of the promotion agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
Promoter: Pier PR & Marketing Ltd, Unit 24, Basepoint Business Centre, 70-72 The Havens, Ransomes Industrial Estate, Ipswich IP3 9BF
Entrants must ensure they enter from a public account that remains on a public setting with the entry remains visible for 4 weeks after the end of the Promotional Period.
Full Terms and Conditions
- This promotion is open to residents of Great Britain (England, Scotland, Wales) aged 18 years and over, excluding employees of the Promoter and its affiliates or agents, the immediate families of such employees and any other person connected with this promotion.
- No purchase necessary. However, internet access and a valid and public Facebook or Instagram account is required. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one in order to participate – you will require an active email address in order to do this.
- Only one entry per person per platform per weekly draw, max six entries in total across the Promotional Period. All entries must be made by the entrant themselves, anyone trying to circumvent this rule by using alternative details including but not limited to creating multiple Facebook or Instagram accounts will be disqualified from this promotion. Entries (bulk or otherwise) made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- The entrant entering the promotion must be the owner of the Instagram or Facebook account used. Proof of ownership of the social media account and proof of age may be required.
- Any entries received from private accounts on Instagram or Facebook will not be entered due to privacy restrictions. To enter from a private account, participants must amend their account settings to a public account in order for their entry to be accepted.
- Entrants must ensure they enter from a public account that remains on a public setting with the entry remains visible for 4 weeks after the end of the Promotional Period.
- Opens 10am on 20th May 2022 to 23.59pm on 18th November 2022. Any entries received after 23:59pm on 18th November 2022 will not be accepted.
|Weekly Draw||Open Date||Closing Date||Draw Date|
|1||10am on 20th May 2022||23:59pm on 27thth May 2022||No later than 23:59pm on 7th June 2022|
|2||10am on 24th June 2022||23:59pm on 1st July 2022||No later than 23:59pm on 8th July 2022|
|3||10am on 29th July 2022||23:59pm on 5th August 2022||No later than 23:59pm on 12th August 2022|
|4||10am on 2nd September 2022||23:59pm on 9th September 2022||No later than 23:59pm on 16th September 2022|
|5||10am on 7th October 2022||23:59pm on 14th October 2022||No later than 23:59pm on 21st October 2022|
|6||10am on 11th November 2022||23:59pm on 18th November 2022||No later than 23:59pm on 25th November 2022|
How to enter:
- To enter each prize draw, log into your Facebook or Instagram account (or create one for free). Go to Hungry Joe’s Facebook account or Instagram account and follow one of these pages. You must be following us to enter the promotion. To enter on Facebook or Instagram, you should comment on the ‘#MysteryJoe’ social post with who they think the famous Joe is behind the Hungry Joe’s meal and include the hashtag #MysteryJoe.
- The Promoter monitors responses to this promotion and if any responses or any previous posts made by an entrant are, or could be regarded, as being disrespectful towards other members of the Facebook or Instagram community or which contain anything which is likely to, or could cause offence or distress will be removed from the promotion. As someone who enters the promotion, your use on Facebook and Instagram is subject to the relevant platform’s Terms and Conditions.
- Participants’ entries will be deemed invalid if any post –
– contains offensive, defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content;
– in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, cause any widespread or serious offense (taking into account prevailing community views or standards);
– contains content deemed socially irresponsible or likely to breach the CAP Code;
– contains any content that could reflect negatively on the name, reputation, or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner;
– includes trademarks, logos, or copyrighted material not owned by the entrant or used without the right holder’s prior written permission;
– promotes any political, blasphemous or religious agenda;
– contains any images of children;
– any Facebook or Instagram name or profile photograph which contravenes the above will be void, and any entries will not count.
- Comments and images should not show, mention or tag any other person, brand or Facebook or Instagram account.
- Entrants who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion.
- Incomplete, illegible, invalid, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
- There will be 6 winners in total with one winner for each weekly ‘#MysteryJoe’ The prize is 1 x £60 Asda voucher for each winner.
The Asda Gift Card can be used online on groceries.asda.com, George.com as well as in any Asda store within the UK and the balance on the card may be used for purchases in full or part-payment (excluding third party concessions or products, gift cards, tobacco, stamps, petrol and lottery tickets) at any time whilst this card is valid.
This card is valid for a period of 2 years from your last transaction. You will not be able to use your card after that date and any unused balance on the card will be lost.
- No cash or other alternative prize will be provided in whole or in part, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a similar prize of equal or greater value. The prizes are non-transferable.
Winner Selection and Notification
- All valid entries will go into a draw and the prize draw winner for each weekly promotion will be selected at random within five working days of each promotion’s closing date. The winners will be selected via a randomised computer process. Please refer to the table in Clause 7 for corresponding draw dates for each round of the promotion. Winners who entered via Instagram will be contacted via direct message by the Promoter via the Hungry Joe’s Instagram account (@hungryjoesuk) within 7 working days of each promotion’s closing date. Winners who entered via Facebook will be contacted via Direct Message by the Promotor using the administrative Facebook account Bendall Amy on Facebook within 7 working days of each promotion’s closing date.
- Entrants are encouraged to monitor their connections during this time in case they are a winner.
- To claim their prize, winners must reply to the promotor’s direct message with their email address within 14 calendar days of original receipt of message.
- Should any winner not claim their prize within 14 calendar days of receiving notice from the Promoter that they have won a prize or are ineligible or reject their prize, the Promoter reserves the right to re-award the prize to a reserve winner selected at the same time as the original winner. The process will repeat until an eligible winner is able to claim the prize.
- Winners must supply a valid email address when claiming their prize.
- Winners will receive their 1x £60 Asda gift card via email to the address provided during the claim process, which will be sent within 14 working days of claiming their prize and the completion of any verification process.
- If fulfilment or any element of this promotion is delayed or affected due to the continuing Covid-19 pandemic and resulting Government restrictions, all entrants affected will be contacted by the Promoter and kept updated of any unavoidable changes to the promotion dates, fulfilment dates or prize.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide correct, up-to-date details when entering the promotion and on acceptance of their prize. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or delivery of their prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for proof of address and ID (passport, driving licence or equivalent) which the entrant must provide within two working days of request. The Promoter will refuse to award a prize, or withdraw prize entitlement, and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions. This can also be applied if there is a breach of any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements, the spirit of the promotion or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these Terms and Conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
- In accordance with the Advertising Standards Authority CAP Code, we intend to make available the surname and county of residence of any winner. The winners’ surnames and counties of residence . Entrants can object to disclosure, or request that disclosure be limited in scope by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We may nevertheless disclose the information to the Advertising Standards Authority if required to do so. You may request a copy of the winners list by emailing email@example.com within three months of the close of the Promotional Period. We reserve the right to refuse any or all such requests.
- The winners will be requested to participate in related publicity with no further recompense.
- Numerous factors outside the control of the Promoter may interfere with the operation of Facebook and Instagram. The Promoter does not therefore guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to these websites
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. By entering the promotion, all participants accept that they have no claim against Facebook or Instagram. The information you provide will only be used for fulfilment of this promotion, unless you have agreed to its use for any other purpose. By entering the promotion all participants agree to a complete liability release for Facebook and Instagram.
- The Promoter has no control over internet or communication networks and is not liable for any problems associated with them due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter will not be held liable to any individual for any fraud committed by any third party nor for any event beyond its control including, but not limited to, user error and any network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind which may restrict, delay or prevent a participant’s entry to the promotion.
- Any entrant posting or seen to be posting comments to Hungry Joe’s social media (Facebook, Instagram etc.) pages or elsewhere during the draw that are considered bullying, spiteful or upsetting to other contestants or the Promoter, will have their comments removed and will be disqualified from the draw. The Promoter reserves the right to alert the respective social media platform to any such behaviour and you may have your account frozen pending investigation.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- The Promoter’s decision is final with regard to all promotional matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- These Terms and Conditions (and any non-contractual disputes/claims which arise out of or in connection with them) will be governed by English law and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts, unless you live in Scotland, in which case your local courts will have jurisdiction.